A detached double-winged door in the entrance of the church is opened only on special occasions. It is a reminder of the Holy Doors in the great Roman basilicas. The four luminous colours of Dominikus Böhm’s four western windows create a deep impression.
In the northern tower can be found the Chapel of the Sacred-Heart. The gold-plated polychrome altar (1912) was created by Heinrich Seling († 1912) from Osnabrück. The candles of the 12 apostles can be found under the windows of Dominikus Böhm. On some special feasts they are placed around the church. The holy oils of the sick, of catechumens, and of chrism are kept in a niche on the left.
The windows of the Chapel of the Virgin Mary were also designed by Dominkus Böhm. The late medieval statue of the Virgin came from Southern Germany. Countess Paula Ursula von Galen (1876 – 1923), a sister of Clemens August von Galen (1878 – 1946), bishop of Münster, who was beatified in 2005, is buried in this chapel.